Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Prayer and God's Sovereignty

I was organizing a lot of things now that I've finally had some time to get everything moved around and have been able to settle into my new place of residence for the next couple of years until I finish school. While rummaging through my Bible materials storage box, I found amongst the files this quote. Thanks to Dr. Dave Saxon, who provided this quote by displaying it on the bulletin board just outside his office.

Prayer assumes the sovereignty of God. If God is not sovereign, we have no assurance that He is able to answer our prayers. Our prayers would become nothing more than wishes. But, while God's sovereignty, along with His wisdom and love, is the foundation of our trust in Him, prayer is the expression of that trust."
- Jerry Bridges, Trusting God

No comments: